Bring on Bordeaux…16 May 2014
Bordeaux is one of the most famous vineyards in France ! The different areas ( Medoc, Pessac-Léognan, Saint Emilion , Sauterne…) give to Bordeaux a charming diversity you will discover. During this fantastic trip, you will apreciate prestigious growth, the differend blend with various plants ( Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Merlot), the architecture typical from 18th century and the local food….
October 20-25, 2014
Monday, October 20th Bordeaux
Your guide will meet you at Bordeaux Railway station, at the end of the morning.
Transit to the hotel***, located in the center of the city.
- Lunch in a typical local restaurant near the hotel.
After lunch you will enjoy a guided tour of Bordeaux including the key monuments of the city: the Place de la Bourse, the Grand Théatre, Quinconces Place, Tourny avenues, Chrtrons quarter, and the river side …
Free time in the city
- Dinner in a typical brasserie.
- Accommodation at a 3 star hotel in a double room in the city center of Bordeaux
Tuesday, October 21st “La Route des Chateaux du Médoc”
After your breakfast you will leave Bordeaux in order to discover the Road of the Médoc from Margaux to Listrac…
- Visit and wine tasting at Château Kirwan (Grand cru of Margaux)
- Lunch in a very traditional Medoc restaurant with a unique chief
Continuation of the road to Saint-Julien, Pauillac, … discovering Chateau Latour, Chateau -Lafite-Rothschild, Château Ducru-Beaucaillou, Château Beychevelle
- Visit and wine tasting at Château Mouton-Rothschild
- And visit and Wine tasting in Chateau Fourcas-Dupré, a familial domain in Listrac-Médoc
Back to Bordeaux.
Dinner in a very nice restaurant on the Tourny Avenue.
Wednesday, October 22nd Saint- Emilion and the way of making wine
After breakfast, departure to Saint-Emilion
- Guided visit of the monolithic church and of the underground monuments.
- Then every participant will be welcome in Château-Sarpe for a very new experience…to blend his own wine…
- Visit of the chateau and wine tasting
- Traditional BBQ lunch
- Visit of Pomerol and a very nice domain “Petit-Village”
- Back to Bordeaux. Free time.
Dinner in La Tupina, one of the best restaurant in Bordeaux…
Thursday, October 23rd – Pessac-Léognan and Sauternes
- After Breakfast, departure to Sauternes… participants will discover beautiful view on the vines and the famous Château Yquem
- Visit and wine tasting at Château Guiraud
- Lunch in a marvellous “Auberge” in Sauternes.
- Then visit the famous Company Lillet “L’Apéritif Bordelais”…
Continuation of the Road (back to Bordeaux) to Pessac-Léognan area.
- Visit and wine tasting at Château Smith-Haut-Lafite.
- Back to Bordeaux.
- Free dinner in Bordeaux
Friday, October 24th The Arcachon bay
- After Breakfast, departure to Arcachon…
- On the road before arriving in Arcachon, visit of an Oyster Farm in Cujan-Mestras
The Bay of Arcachon is a veritable 155 square kilometres inland sea. With its climate, the unending and cyclical ritual of the tides and the water rich in plankton, it has the ideal and necessary conditions for the reproduction and development of oysters. 10 000 tons of oysters are produced every year in the Bay of Arcachon which is also the leading European spat producing centre.
- Free time in Arcachon bay along the ocean…
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant with a traditional seafood meal
- In the afternoon, you will discover by boat the “Bassin d’Arcachon”: View on the Pina dune, the Birds Island, …
- Back to Bordeaux.
- Gala dinner in a very nice restaurant in front of Bordeaux…
Saturday, October 25 th : Return
After breakfast, transfer to Bordeaux raiway station
End of the tour.
Please contact us if you need more information (Inrollment for the tour by e-mail )
Limited number of participant
Back to the news list